Teaching with technology can help students learn more by assisting with instructional goals. However, choosing the greatest technology tools while keeping the goal of student learning in mind can be challenging. An expert can come up with innovative and beneficial ways to use technology in our class.
What exactly do we mean when we say “technology”?
The creation of the procedures and tools we use to solve issues or achieve goals is referred to as technology. From low-tech pencils, paper, and a chalkboard to presentation software, high-tech tablets, online collaboration and conference tools, and more, technology can encompass a wide range of instruments. We can do things in physical and virtual classrooms that we couldn’t before thanks to new technologies.
What role does technology play in the education of students?
A student can benefit from technology in the following ways:
1. Online collaboration tools: Online collaboration tools have enabled students and instructors to share documents online, edit them in real time, and project them on a screen. This provides the students with a collaborative platform for brainstorming ideas and documenting their work with text and photographs.
2. Presentation software: This allows the instructor to incorporate high-resolution photos, diagrams, videos, and audio files into the text and spoken lecture content.
3. Tablet: Tablets can be connected to computers, projectors, and the cloud in order for students and instructors to communicate using text, drawings, and diagrams.
4. Course management tools: These enable teachers to organise all of the resources that students will require during the course. Assignments, readings, and online quizzes are all included in the syllabus.
5. Smartphones: These are a convenient and quick way to poll students during class. It’s a fantastic instant polling tool that can swiftly assess students’ comprehension and assist instructors in adjusting pace and topic.
6. Lecture capture tools: These technologies allow instructors to record lectures straight from their computers, eliminating the need for expensive or extra classroom equipment. The recorded lectures can be listened to at their leisure.
What are the benefits of integrating technology into education?
Teaching tactics based on educational technology can be described as ethical because they make learning easier for students and increase their capacity, productivity, and performance. On a global scale, technology integration drives good changes in teaching approaches. The following list of advantages will assist you in reaching a final decision:
1. Technology facilitates teaching: technology is powerful. It aids in the delivery of any form of lesson or teaching using projectors and computer presentations, as opposed to presenting theoretical explanations that students cannot comprehend.
2. It aids student progress: As a result of technological advancements, teachers now rely on platforms and tools that allow them to keep track of individual accomplishments.
3. Educational technology is excellent for the environment: picture how much paper and trees would be saved if all schools used digital textbooks. Students may be asked to complete an online test and submit papers and homework via email. They can also be encouraged to read the required literature via readers.
4. It has made students appreciate learning: from a young age, students have enjoyed learning as a result of their addiction to Facebook, Instagram, dig, and other websites. They may be distracted from their studies by the internet. Making learning fun by creating a private Facebook group for the class and encouraging constructive discussions.
5. It facilitates remote learning: without the internet, people would be unable to obtain critical knowledge. Today, distance learning is one of the most popular means of education. Students may plan their time in a way that suits them best, and they can quickly acquire the knowledge they desire.